Wednesday 28 September 2011

Deer in the Woods

The first time I caught sight of Suzanna, I knew straight away the idea 
we would shoot if she agreed to model for me. 
I wanted to have her effectively embodying the character of a deer. I like to use ideas as loose concepts rather than taking them in a literal form, just to help the flow and to inspire how we move through the shoot rather than 'striking poses' as such. 
Deers are graceful, elegant, fragile and dignified. With her long, long legs she suited it perfectly. 

I also thought she looked great with her hair up, and the timing of this shoot fell conveniently in line with the fact I was in negotiations with a local hair salon, having requested if they could provide hair styling for any of my upcoming shoots. Through a friend, I met the wonderful Lisa from Studio 1 Hair and Nail Salon. She is a complete professional and an expert at what she does, so if you like what you see in these pictures get in touch with her!

Her salon is based in Douglas, Isle of Man. The official Facebook page - complete with contact details - can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Studio-1-Hair-and-Nail-Salon/133364306715366

This was one of my favourite shoots in a while - hope you like.





















    A few 'behind the scenes' pictures, below, detailing the transition from start to finish.






The end product!


www.jackalexanderphotography.co.uk
www.facebook.com/jackalexanderphotography
www.twitter.com/jackalexanderUK

x

1 comment: